CBC (Europe) GmbH
CBC (Europe) GmbH [hereafter “CBC”] is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy statement sets out the basis on which we will process any personal information that we may collect about you as a visitor to our website or premises or a contact at one of our customers, suppliers or other business partners.
The information that we collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you :
Information that you give us
This is information about you that you give to us when visiting our website, giving us a business card (or similar), filling in forms that we ask you to complete or corresponding with us by telephone, post, email or otherwise. It may include, for example, your name, address, email address and telephone number, information about your business relationship with CBC and information about your professional role, background and interests.
Information that our website and other systems collect about you
If you visit our website, it will automatically connect some information about you and your visit, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet and some other information such as your browser type and version and the pages on our website that you visit by so-called cookies.
A cookie is a small file that can be stored on your computer when you visit a website. Basically, cookies are used to make additional functions available to users on a website. For example, they can be used to help navigate a website, to return to the website where you left it, and/or to remember your preferences and settings when you return to the website. However, cookies cannot access other data on your computer.
The cookies on this website are so-called session cookies. They are automatically deleted when you leave the website or close the browser. If you want to control the cookies on your computer, you can set your browser to notify you when a website wants to store cookies. You can also block or delete cookies, even if they are already stored on your computer. If you want to learn more about how to implement these steps, please access our "Help" function in your browser. Please note that blocking or deleting cookies may affect your online experience and you may no longer be able to use the entire website.
If you exchange emails, telephone conversations or other electronic communications with our employees and other staff members, our information technology systems will record details of those conversations, sometimes including their content.
- Some of our premises have video surveillance systems that may record you if you visit our premises, for security and safety purposes.
Other information :
We may also collect some information from other sources. For example,
- If we have a business relationship with the organization that you represent, your colleagues or other business contacts may give us information about you such as your contact details or details of your role in the relationship.
- We sometimes collect information from third party data providers or publicly available sources for protecting our business and complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The uses that we make of your information
We may use your information for the following purposes ;
- to operate, manage, develop and promote our business and, in particular, our relationship with the organization you represent (if any) and related transactions – this includes, for example, billing / payment purposes ;
- to operate, administer and improve our website and premises and other aspects of the way in which we conduct our operations ;
- to protect our business from fraud, money-laundering, breach of confidence, theft of proprietary materials and other financial or business crimes ; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and bring and defend legal claims.
We may from time to time review information about you held in our systems – including the contents of and other information related to your emails and other communications with us – for compliance and business-protection purposes as described above. This may include reviews for the purposes of disclosure of information relevant to litigation and/or reviews of records relevant to internal or external regulatory or criminal investigations. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these reviews will be conducted in a reasonable and proportionate way and approve at an appropriate level of management. They may ultimately involve disclosure of your information to governmental agencies and litigation counterparties as described below. Your emails and other communications may also occasionally be accessed by persons other than the member of staff with whom they are exchanged for ordinary business management purposes (for example, where necessary when a staff member is out of the office or has left CBC).
We will only process your personal information as necessary so that we can pursue the purposes described above, and then only where we have concluded that our processing does not prejudice you or your privacy in a way that would override our legitimate interest in pursuing those purposes. In exceptional circumstances, we may also be required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information. We will tell you, when we ask you for compliance with a legal obligation or, on the other hand, if it is purely voluntary and there will be no implications if you decline to provide the information. Otherwise, you should assume that we need the information for our business or compliance purposes (as described above).
Disclosure and international transfer of your information
We may disclose personal information about you, where reasonably necessary for the various purposes set out above ;
- to the other member of the CBC group of companies ;
- to your colleagues within the organization that you represent ;
- to service providers who host our website or other information technology systems or otherwise hold or process your information on our behalf, under strict conditions of confidentiality and security ;
- to a person who takes over our business and assets, or relevant parts of them; or
- in exceptional circumstances ;
- to competent regulatory, prosecuting and other governmental agencies, or litigation counterparties, in any country or territory ; or
- where we are required by law to disclose.
These disclosures may involve transferring your personal information overseas. You should be aware that this may include transfers to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), which do not have similarly strict data privacy laws. In those cases, where we transfer personal data to other members of the CBC group or our service providers, we will ensure that our arrangements with them are governed by data transfer agreements, designed to ensure that your personal information is protected, on terms approved for this purpose by the European Commission. Please contact us (see below) if you would like to know whether any such agreements are in place or if so, to see a copy.
Retention and deletion of your information
We will delete the information that we hold about you when we no longer need it.
Note that we may retain some limited information about you even when we know that you have left the organization that you represent, so that we can maintain a continuous relationship with you if we are in contact with you again when you represent a different organization.
You may have a right of access to the personal information that we hold about you, and to some related information, under data protection law. You can also require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted. You can object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal information (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances.
We welcome questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement and our processing of personal information. Please send them to Hansaallee 191, 40549 Düsseldorf, Germany.
By e-mail to the data protection officer of CBC (Europe) GmbH:
Change to this statement
Any changes we make to this privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any changes.
This statement was last updated in December 2020.